For a symphonic Italian opera for your taste buds, pair fresh tomatoes with hand-shredded sweet basil leaves, punchy garlic and a sourdough slice hot out of the oven. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle some sea salt and you’ll be hearing Pavarotti in your kitchen!
- 2 large slices of sourdough bread
- 20 cherry tomatoes, San Marzano tomatoes taste amazing if you can find it
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Handful of sweet basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, preferably Italian
- Pinch of sea salt
- Slice cherry tomatoes into quarters, first across and then lengthwise and put into a mixing bowl.
- Pick the sweet basil leaves off the main stem and shred them by hand into mixing bowl.
- Mince 1 clove of garlic on a microplane or with a garlic press into mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive into the mixing bowl and give the ingredients a gentle toss for an even distribution of garlic.
- Toast bread till golden brown. While still warm, gently rub a clove of garlic over the bread.
- To assemble, spoon the tossed tomato-basil mix to on top of the bread.
Drizzle the bruschetta with the remaining olive oil, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and enjoy!