The ideal time for this is a Sunday morning, although technically any day would work. The beauty of the recipe is that as far as ingredients are concerned, pretty much anything goes.
- 2-3 bacon
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/2 can of baked beans
- 6-8 Swiss button mushrooms, quartered
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- A stalk of cherry tomatoes
- A splash of lemon juice
- A spoonful of parsley, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cook bacon on a wide cast-iron skillet with a bit of olive oil, for a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms with more olive oil, cook until they start to release water.
- Add beans and reheat, for 3-5 mins.
- Crack eggs in the middle of the pan, cook until whites are set, about 3-5 mins.
- Add tomatoes together with eggs, lightly grill.
- Season mushrooms with lemon juice and parsley, eggs with cayenne pepper and everything except bacon with salt & pepper.
- Serve directly on the pan!
Tips & Tricks
- The pan is your playground. Swap bacon for sausages, mushrooms with onions, whatever rocks your boat (or whatever is left in the fridge).
- Watch for timings. Mushrooms and onions took longer to cook than eggs and tomatoes.
- Adding a bit of butter before cooking eggs is not necessary but highly recommended.