Here’s another crowd pleaser for the lazy and the practical. This is the one grilled chicken recipe you’ll ever need. The key to success with this dish is a super hot cast-iron pan and lots of olive oil.
The recipe is for 2 people and takes about 45-60 minutes.
For the spice mix:
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano or rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the rest:
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 fennel, small, sliced
- 2 chicken legs
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- Preheat your oven to 200c together with the cast-iron pan.
- Gently massage the chicken with the spice mix, let it rest anywhere from 30 mins to 1 day depending on how much time you have.
- In another bowl, mix all vegetables with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper
- Place your chicken in the middle of the pan, skin side down and vegetables on the side. Drizzle generously with the rest of the olive oil.
- Cook about 30-45 minutes, until the chicken is crispy yet juicy, and the vegetables are cooked yet tender.
Tips & Tricks
- You can use this recipe with any chicken part or the entire chicken, in which case make sure to rest the chicken a bit longer after the dry rub and use a bit more olive oil.
- Feel free to experiment with spices. Curry powder and crushed coriander seeds give a bit more asian flavour. Sichuan peppers and cayenne give it a nice little kick.
- Raclette potatoes work exceptionally well with this dish. Quarter them for a chunky bite or use a mandoline slicer for that homemade potato chip vibe.
- Leftover (if any) chicken makes a superb sandwich the next day. Serve in it a sandwich bread with Japanese mayo, sliced San Marzano tomatoes and a bit of lettuce. Heaven.